2022 Date: October 29
Photography seminars provide participants with a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience. Participants will learn photography tips from world renowned wolf photographer Monty Sloan. The photography instructional presentation will include how to get the best angles, flash usage, and how to eliminate fencing and other background clutter. This is followed by photography sessions with Wolf Park’s wolf ambassadors. Participants receive approximately 90 minutes of time with the animals.
You do not have to be a “professional” photographer to attend, but you must have a camera (not a phone)! Bring the camera of your choice and learn how to photograph Wolf Park’s socialized wolves in a low-key, relaxed setting.
General Schedule (adjustments are made depending on weather and our animal ambassadors level of interest)
- 1:00pm Tips and basic wolf photography methodologies.
- 2:30pm Photography Session with wolves inside our large nature habitat enclosures. We end with a short photography session with our red foxes. Several breaks are necessary during the program, but we try our best to give photographers approximately 90 minutes of time photographing our animals.
- 4pm Program Ends
Monty Sloan is a world-renowned wolf photographer who has been associated with Wolf Park since 1988. Monty studied Earth Sciences at UC Berkeley before getting hooked on wolf photography. Monty photographed wolves at other facilities for several years before officially moving to Wolf Park. He also works as an animal trainer, educator, and assistant researcher.
Photography Seminars run from 1:00 – 4:30pm. The price is $295 and spaces are very limited. We are only offering this program once in 2022, on Saturday, October 29th.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Participants must wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves (no tank tops). Dangling earrings, earrings with butterfly backs, and any easily removable jewelry must be removed. Additional clothing requirements will be provided in a welcome packet.
- Participants must be capable of standing and walking through uneven terrain for a minimum of 90 minutes. There are few places to sit in our natural habitat enclosures and it’s not possible to bring your own seating inside.
- Participants must watch a 75 minute safety orientation video and pass a short quiz prior to arrival.
- Participants must acknowledge that Wolf Park reserves the right to deny entry to our wolf enclosures after evaluating participants for safety concerns.
- Participants must acknowledge that this program is for photography purposes and not created for the facilitation of direct interactions.
- Participants must acknowledge that Wolf Park reserves the right to end a photography program early if necessary for the safety of the participants and/or the welfare of our ambassador animals.
- Participants must acknowledge that they may be asked to leave and forfeit their program payment if the rules and/or staff suggestions are not followed.
Cancellations occurring greater than 10 days prior to the seminar can apply 75% of the registration fee to another seminar. Arrangements for transfer must occur by the end of the calendar year. If arrangements do not occur; your fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation. No refunds if cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the seminar. Only if the seminar is canceled by Wolf Park will the fee be refunded.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]