The Adopt a Wolf program, with its singular opportunity to meet a wolf in person, forms Wolf Park’s primary financial support. It provides a unique opportunity to come to know these complex social animals as individuals and to learn more about their lives. This is the best way to show your support for wolves and for Wolf Park! All funds go directly to the care and upkeep of our animals and facility, and to the educational programs which promote welfare of wolves in the wild.
Cost for One Year: $195.00 per person
- A certificate of adoption with full-color photo of your adopted friend.
- Updates about your animal of choice four times a year.
- Photos of your animal of choice four times a year.
- A sample of shed “wolf wool” from your animal of choice sent to you in the summer.
- Free family admission to Wolf Park for one year.
- A subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Wolf Park News.
- The chance to meet your adopted wolf, up close and personal! (restrictions may apply)
Our Adopt-A-Wolf program allows you to “keep tabs” on your favorite Wolf Park wolf or give a friend or loved one the gift of wolves. Sponsors over 18 years of age are welcome to make appointments to meet “their” animal, up close and in person, anytime during the year of their sponsorship. (In some cases, sponsors may have to meet a proxy.) Visits can be scheduled year-round (with the exception of January and February), and last 30-60 minutes depending on the interest level of the wolf. In addition, sponsors receive a certificate with a photograph of their wolf, a biography of their wolf, and quarterly updates on their wolf, along with recent photos, and a bit of fur shed by their adopted animal in the spring — plus all the benefits of a family membership.
People of any age may sponsor a wolf, but you must be 18 years of age or older to meet our wolves in person. Sponsors under 18 years of age can, in most circumstances, meet our tame red foxes. Please call if you have questions about this policy.
Wolf adoptions make great birthday, anniversary,
graduation or retirement gifts, too!
- Only the person named on the certificate may visit their wolf.
- You may visit your wolf up to once per month during your year long sponsorship, but all visits are by appointment only.
- At times, your animal of choice may not be available for personal visitations. If this happens, we will provide you with an opportunity to visit with a “stand-in” wolf.
- Before you first meet a wolf, you must participate in a one-hour training course, which will show you how to safely interact with our animals.
- Visitations may be scheduled Tuesdays– Fridays.
- Weekends are very busy at Wolf Park. Visitations on Saturday occur at 3:00 pm with the Main Pack only.
- No visitations with wolves occur on Sundays.
- We may schedule multiple sponsor visitations at the same time, especially on weekends.
- We may deny visitation for safety reasons. For example, visitors who are ill, injured, or unsteady on their feet may not be able to interact with the wolves.
- Staff photographer Monty Sloan can take professional photographs of your visit for just $50. Photos will be sent over the internet via Dropbox. If you would like a CD of the photos sent to you, the cost is $60. (Scheduling restrictions apply)