Check out our unique, once-in-a-lifetime educational offerings! Learn about wolves, dogs, animal behavior, training and learning in a fun and casual environment.
Click here for general seminar information (driving directions, etc)
Seminars guided by Wolf Park staff:
- Sponsors-Only Day with Wolves (July 15, 2018) (NEW)
- An Ethological Day with Wolves and Foxes (October 26, 2018)
- The Canid Quartet: Behavior of Wolves, Foxes, Coyotes and Dogs (October 19 – 21, 2018)
Special Guest Speaker Seminars:
- Mmmm… Enrichment! with Lindsay Mehrkam (October 27 – 29, 2017) (NEW)
- Being Your Dog’s Superhero with Beth Duman (March 9 – 11, 2018)
- Seminar with Chirag Patel (May 18 – 20, 2018) (NEW)
- Under the Hood with Ken McCort (July 27 – 29, 2018)
- Seminar with Susan Friedman (August 10 – 12, 2018) (NEW)
- Advanced Trainer Seminar with Ken McCort (September 7 – 9, 2018)
Please check out our calendar of events for other opportunities.
- Driving directions to Wolf Park
- Places to stay in Lafayette/West Lafayette (about 20 min from Wolf Park)
- Lafayette/West Lafayette visitor information
- Information about the Indianapolis airport (about 1 1/2 hours from Wolf Park)
- Information about Chicago O’Hare airport (about 2 1/2 hours from Wolf Park)
The Wolf Park gates generally open at 8:30 a.m. on the first day of the seminar, and programming usually begins at 9:00 a.m Eastern Standard Time. You will be able to drive through the main gate to the Visitor’s Center, and park there. The Wright Center will be to your right as you enter the Park through the Visitor’s Center. Usually on the first day, there will be a mandatory safety orientation. If you miss this portion of the seminar, you will not be allowed to enter the animal enclosures (but you will be able to attend the remainder of the seminar).
Breakfast and lunch are provided for three-day seminars only. Please inform the staff of any dietary restrictions you have prior to your arrival. You are welcome to bring your own snacks or lunch as well. Eating is only allowed indoors.
Seminar programming generally ends around 5 pm. Seminar participants are invited to return at no charge for Howl Night on Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm, which is also open to the general public.
Seminars take place both indoors and out, and weather can be unpredictable. Packing a variety of layered clothing is a good idea. Even in hot weather, long pants and closed-toes shoes are required when entering the enclosures.
Seminar fees are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend for any reason and provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice, the funds can be applied to another seminar within one calendar year; otherwise your fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation. You can send another person in your place with no penalty. Only if your session is canceled by Wolf Park will the fee be refunded. We very rarely cancel a program.
Please understand that participation in a seminar does not imbue anyone with authority to speak on behalf of Wolf Park.