Women’s Weekend: From Fear to Freedom with Rebecca Lile
September 10 – 12 & 24-26, 2021
BOTH SOLD OUT – contact [email protected] to be added to a waitlist or alerted to future workshops like this!
Fear. It can be paralyzing or freeing; healthy or irrational. It can stifle your dreams or force you forward. But you are not alone. Everyone experiences fear as part of the human condition. In fact, fear has helped keep our species alive by alerting us to certain real dangers. But most fears we experience in day to day life keep us from living our lives to the fullest. Those are the fears we will focus on during our time together.
In this workshop, participants will: identify and clarify their individual fears; imagine and envision a life where fear doesn’t hold them captive; and learn techniques for facing and embracing these fears. Each participant will leave with a plan to work toward an individualized goal.
This interactive, interdisciplinary workshop will combine life coaching techniques, yoga, and a learning experience with one of the world’s most misunderstood and wrongly feared animals, the wolf.
As a participant, you will:
- Learn to distinguish between the various types of fears
- Uncover the fears that hold you back and discover where you stand on the ‘fear to freedom’ scale
- Engage in the coaching process that leads you from awareness to action
- Discover ways to face your fears through mind, body and spirit exercises
- Learn the importance of reframing your thoughts, affirming yourself and the shifting perspectives
- Recognize the importance of your “balcony people”
- Appreciate your creativity and individual process
- Create strategies and actions to address your own specific fear
- Gain confidence in your ability to meet, greet, and live with your fears
- Expand your comfort zone and step into the arena!
- Learn to read and interpret behavioral cues of nonhuman animals
- Learn to empower the domestic animals in your life through fear-free environments
Daring Greatly – Berne Brown
Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway – Susan Jeffers
Rebecca Lile is the founder of Stretch and Soar Life Coaching in the mountains of Western North Carolina. She received her M.A. in counseling from the University of Kentucky, her M.A. in Divinity from Emory/Chandler School of Theology, and her professional life coach certification from the Christian Coach Institute of Charlotte, NC. Rebecca works with women of all ages and stages who are struggling with dissatisfaction, transitions or changes in their lives and are wanting more out of life: more passion, more direction, more purpose, more abundance. Her personal experience as a woman who has navigated many of the stages of womanhood, coupled with my professional training as a counselor, minister, and coach allows her to encourage and inspire women to stretch and soar into a life they love. Rebecca lives in the smoky mountains with her husband and two dogs and enjoys hiking, dog training, reading, and traveling. Most recently, she published her first children’s book.
Dates, Cost, and Dietary Information
The seminar will be held September 10-12, 2021. The price is $345. There will be some direct interaction with Wolf Park’s wolf ambassadors. You will be instructed on the appropriate clothing to wear. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please let us know at least two weeks in advance if you have any special dietary needs or restrictions.
Friday, September 10: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Saturday, September 11: 8:00 – 8:45 (optional yoga), 9:00am – 5:30pm, 7:30 – 8:30pm (optional Howl Night)
Sunday, September 12: 8:00 – 8:45am (optional yoga), 9:00am – 2:00pm
Cancellations occurring greater than 10 days prior to the seminar can apply 75% of the registration fee to another seminar. Arrangements for transfer must occur by 12/31/21. If arrangements do not occur, your fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation. No refunds if cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the seminar. Only if the seminar is canceled by Wolf Park will the fee be refunded.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]